Plex has popular for streaming Movies, Live TV, Television Shows etc. Sometimes when you have first time tried Plex on your Windows PC & Mac, then I believe that Plex Server may be not Found Server due to some mistake. No worries, here’s the complete solution of how to fix Plex Server connection?.
This all sounds convenient, but today I faced something unexpected. When I installed first time Plex in my Windows and while I was trying to login to my Plex Account, I couldn’t Found Plex Server. I got a message saying:
“Looking for Servers… A server could not be found. Download and install Plex Media Server, and it will appear here.”
What behind the reason does Plex not Found Server?
The reason is– When you Install Plex and Login or Register to your Details. Plex does not allow any different server, if you Sign Out to your Plex Host. Therefore, you have to face this problem on your desktop.
Here I am sharing a small story behind Plex Media Server
When I login to My Plex Account in my computer it’s everything was fine. But at When I Signed Out, and wanted to enter again, It was surprising to me. It was showing “Server could not Found Download and install Plex.”
I thought, may be is Internet Connection Problem but not, and after I created a new Plex account and Login there. It was showing the same thing and I downloaded & install new Plex Setup in my Computer, still was unable to found the Plex Server.
So, technically I was unsure and a lot search I completely fixed a Plex server issue. If you are facing the similar situation like me, here below is the solution.
Fix Plex Server Connection
To Fix Plex Media server connection you have to completely uninstall Plex from your Windows, following these all Procedures & Steps.
- Make sure the Plex Client and Plex Media Server is not running
- At first, Go to “Start Menu” and Search “Control Panel”
- Tap to “Programs & Features ” for Uninstalling the Plex Software
- Select “Plex Program ” and right click then select Uninstall.
- Follow the instruction to finish the uninstallation.
Go ahead on My Computer and Copy the text
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\ and Paste it to Header. It will be automatically reached to your Plex Directory Folder. You need to delete the following directory folder. When you delete the directory folders some folders may be Left. So, don’t worry and Delete it. and let’s go to next steps
Now you have also need to delete Plex registry key from Windows, follow these steps:
- Press the “Windows Key and R” Once you’ve got the Run dialog box, Type “Regedit” & hit Enter.
- Drop down HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> Inside Software >> Select Plex, Inc right click and Delete
- Now you have completely done this process, You need to download or Reinstall Plex Program in your Windows and Login to your Plex account details and It would work fine & enjoy.
Here’s a video tutorial to fix Plex Media Server Connection, you can watch this video without worrying and fix your problem easily:
Uninstall Procedure For Mac OS X
To completely uninstall Plex from macOS, follow these steps:
- At first, make sure Plex is not starting or running in your MAC
- In Mac OS X by default, the folder has hidden. To access this folder in Lion,
- To Access this folder, From the Finder’s “Go” menu, select Go To Folder.. & Type
~/Library/then Hit Enter and the ~/Library folder will be showing on your screen.
- Now delete the following Files and Folders
~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/ ~/Library/Caches/PlexMediaServer/ ~/Library/Logs/Plex Media Server/ ~/Library/Preferences/com.plexapp.plexmediaserver.plist
Delete by yourself,
/Applications/Plex Media Server.app you may also need to delete a Plex Server entry from your Login Items.
I believe this is one issue which many Plex users will face, and from this post, I have shared a Pro Solution to fix Plex Media Server. If you liked this tutorial, please share and let help other. If you need any help, please feel free to ask me in the comment section.
For further reading: